ARE YOUR PATIENTS HEARING ABOUT ALL THE GREAT THINGS YOUR PRACTICE HAS TO OFFER?
As your patients wait on hold, you have a golden opportunity to offer them beneficial information that they will appreciate and to teach them about your services. Our On-Hold Messaging establishes the caring personaility of your practice, positioning you as:
- Forward thinking
- Looking out for the best interests of your patients.
Our fully customized message on hold gives you the complete flexibility to include specific details on procedures and other services unique to your practice, your office location, directions, number of years you’ve been practicing, Doctor’s educational background, affiliation with medical and dental associations, emergency numbers, website information and much more.
They could be hearing about…
- the friendly and caring environment of your office and staff
- elective procedures they may not have been aware of: tooth whitening, implant therapy, bonding, periodontal treatment, etc.
- important information on routine dental care
- reassurance that they have not been forgotten on hold
- answers to frequently asked questions (saving your staff valuable time)
- reminders regarding your office procedures on visits, insurance forms, payments, dental emergencies and more
An On-Hold Message program designed specifically for Dental Practices!
Our production service includes complete custom script writing services, both male and/or female professional voices, your choice of licensed background music and a variety of on hold playback equipment.
Having the right playback equipment ensures your message on-hold productions are heard clearly and consistently. We’re proud to offer top quality, reliable digital players that deliver clear, crisp sound day after day, year after year!
For our NEWT Business Phone System clients we simply format your message on hold program into an audio file format and upload the file directly to your PBX.
Who installs the equipment?
For many telephone systems manufactured in the last 5 years or so, installation is fairly straightforward. If you are simply replacing an audio source you currently have connected to the phone system, it can greatly simplify the installation.
However, we recommend that you contact your telephone service provider or a qualified technician. If you would like us to help determine your installation requirements, contact us and provide us with your phone system’s model number, the appropriate contact name within your company and the contact information for the company responsible for maintaining your phone system. We’re glad to help!!